Dr. Fotini A. Pomoni-Papaioannou
Professor of Sedimentology, Lithostratigraphy & Paleogeography
Director of the Section of Historical Geology and Paleontology
Department of Geology and Geoenvironment
School of Science
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA)
157 84, Athens University Campus
Tel. +30 210 – 727 4187
- Professor of Sedimentology, Lithostratigraphy and Paleogeography of the Department of Geology and Geoenvironment, School of Science, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
- Director of the Section of Historical Geology and Palaeontology (2016-2017).
Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Palaeogeography, China University of Petroleum and participation in the first two International Conferences of Palaeogeography (Beijing, 2012, 2015) .
- Scientific Coordinator of the Hellenic-Chinese Cooperation Agreement between the University of Athens and the China University of Petroleum (2016).
- Participation in the International Project “Levant, Cradle of Cultural Diplomacy. Rediscovering the Mediterranean” (Bucharest, 2013) and in the activities of the new established Institute for the Advanced Study of Levantine Culture and Civilization, in Bucharest headed by Professor Emil Constantinescu, former President of Romania, under the auspices of the World Academy of Art and Science (WAAS) and the Academy for Cultural Diplomacy (ICD, Berlin). Subject: “Global Peace Initiative Levant, the Foundation for a New Culture of Peace”.
- Member of the Senate of the University of Athens (2001-2003).
- Executive Global Education Director of the Euro-American Women’ s Council (EAWC), since 2000. Artemis Award (EAWC 9th International Forum, Athens, 2004).
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition ‘For her devotion to the ideals of Humanism, Education and Promoting Women’s Rights in Greece and Around the World’ by Hon Carolyn B. Maloney, Member of Congress of the United States (D-NY, 2002).
- Doctor Honoris Causa of the University Liceo Cervantino of Irapuato, Mexico, in the frame of EAWC activities (2003).
- Founder and President of the Hellenic Sedimentological Association (2003-2011). Vice-President (2011-now).
- Chairman and Organization Administrator of Symposia. She has travelled and delivered talks in many International Conferences and Meetings of Europe (France, England, Germany, Sweden, Hungary, Spain, Austria, Romania, Bulgary and Poland) America (USA, Mexico), Asia (China) and Africa (Tunis).
- More than 100 research papers in distinguished international scientific journals.
- Courses of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Program. Member of Consulting and Examination Committees for MSc and Ph.D Theses and Professors Elections.
- Reviewer and Member of Editorial Boards of outstanding international scientific journals.